Apr 4, 2013

Prototype work done

By the end of March I was able to finish all the wireframe work and sent them to the host company so as to confirm the details on the phone. We had another meeting discussing on possible adjustments, then I was informed that my manager was leaving Canada in a week. As a result she might not be able to do the assessment on time, and we can only communicate through email or Skype. Further more, they haven't finished content preparation including all the writing and graphic stuff, which may cause some problems. But they insisted that I could start coding as the structure was clear enough. I had to go on with these concerns in my mind.

So my mission is to code a website using fake texts and images without a pre-determined colour scheme, which makes it more like a html version of wireframes. I decided to try some new development tools in this project. I used Bootstrap as its front-end framework, and SCSS as a more efficient styling method. Actually this was my first time using a front-end framework on a project, so I expected that it would cost me more time to study instead of saving time. As for the back-end php framework, I chose Code Igniter which I was most familiar with.

For the next 3 days I continued to work on html/css scripting. Most work is done so far. I guess I'll need another 5 hours to work on the interaction part, another 60 hours on CMS and database design, and a couple of hours on visual enhancements - if the client could give me their determined colour scheme as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'm Kero, a web developer.